A News & Notes Blog

Monday, January 16, 2006

2007 Compass

I just returned from NAIAS in Detroit where Jeep had two of the new Compasses on display. I hate to say it but the new shape just doesn't do it for me. I LOVED the 2002 concept, I was okay with the 2005 Frankfort concept but the final production version just doesn't sell me on the vehicle, especially the ugly nose. This Jeep had so much potential. The addition of another set of doors, the adding to the height and length, the change in the spare tire location, and more all go toward making the Compass just another small SUV. The 2002 concept was funky and different but the production version appears to be trying to please too many people, as if too many opinions from corporate on what the vehicle should look like were offered to the designers, too many "cooks in the kitchen" so to speak. A real shame.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree, the old style is better but I'm sure that the Compass performs as well as the other Jeeps. Jeeps are ideal for off road driving especially if it has super swamper tires for suvs

November 26, 2007 10:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 2002 concept has a better bumpers than this model plus the new shape doesnt make in awe seeing it.

March 13, 2008 5:20 AM

 
Anonymous Rugged ridge said...

This is just down right ugly,especially the nose.I thought you were to come up with something better as the years go by am sorry to say this is just too Shady.

March 11, 2013 1:45 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good post! Thanks for sharing this information I appreciate it. God bless!

jeep service lynnfield

December 09, 2013 12:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home